COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria – Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) has set the Eligibility Criteria of COMEDK UGET 2017. The exam is scheduled to be held on May 14, 2017. The application process has started online on Feb 13, 2017. All the candidates must satisfy the eligibility norms set by the authority to appear in the entrance test for various B.Tech courses. COMEDK has set the eligibility criteria such as age limit of the candidate, educational qualifications, proof as documents for eligibility of their category etc. To know all the details about the Eligibility Criteria of COMEDK UGET 2017 read the article given below.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria – For B.Tech Courses:
Applicants from all over the country can appear from entrance test. Following are the eligibility conditions set by COMEDK UGET for the candidates appearing for the exam:
- The candidates who have passed Second PUC or Class XII standard or equivalent exam recognised by State or Central Government
- In the last two years, the applicant should pass in all the three main subjects i.e., Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with English as a mandatory subject.
- Mathematics and Physics should be compulsory subjects whereas candidates can either choose in between Chemistry and Biology.
- For General merit students minimum requirement is 45% and for ST, SC, OBC of Karnataka Region is 40%. They should pass the subjects individually.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria – For B.Arch Courses:
- The candidates appearing for admission to Architecture courses should be in the second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognised by Central/State Government and that should obtain at least 50% marks in aggregate and 45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka.
- All the interested candidates must appear in the NATA (National Aptitude Test of Architecture) and should score 80 out of 200 marks for all the categories.
- There will be no entrance test for admission to B.Arch courses.
- All the candidates must submit a seperate application form to attend for Counselling
COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria- Important Points
- Candidates must fulfil the above eligibility norms before filling the COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form.
- The eligible candidate will be selected on the basis of their ranks in COMEDK Under Graduate Engineering Test.
- There is no admission for lateral or diploma courses.
- Candidates have to submit the documents to proof the eligibility for category during the counselling process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
Q 1. Are candidates applying from outside the State of Karnataka eligible to get the benefit of lower eligibility qualifying marks?
Ans: No, candidates under ST, SC or OBC category belonging to Karnataka are eligible to get the benefit of lower eligible qualifying marks.
Q 2. I have finished my 2nd PUC /12th STD a few years ago. Am I qualified for B.Tech courses?
Ans: For B.Tech Courses, if you have passed the second PUC or Class XII standard prior to 2015 you would be eligible as per the norms of Government.
Q 3. Is the Entrance Test open only to Karnataka students?
Ans: No, the COMEDK UGET 2017 opens to all the eligible students in the country.
Check COMEDK UGET 2017 Selection Process
- Candidates who have successfully submitted the Application Form of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be selected for admission.
- The selection of students for various undergraduate courses is based on the merit list including the performance of the candidates in COMEDK UGET 2017.
- The entrance exam will be followed by counselling process for admission.
- It will be applicable only for eligible candidates of India.
To know more about COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria leave a comment below