CG PET 2017 – The Chattisgarh pre-engineering test for the academic session 2017-18 will be held on May 11. CG PET 2017 will be conducted by the Chattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB) in the offline mode. The application form has been made available online from March 24 onwards. Students have to fill up the application form and submit it on or before April 15, 2017. Before applying for CG PET 2017, aspirants are advised to check the eligibility criteria of CG PET. Ineligible candidates will not be granted admission by the Board under any circumstances.Upon successful registration, candidates will be issued admit card a week before the examination date. Along with the entrance test, JEE Main 2017 score will also be taken into consideration for admission into various B.Tech courses in around 50 undergraduate engineering colleges in the state of Chattisgarh. To know complete details about CG PET 2017 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, exam pattern, exam centres and more, read the article given below on this page.
Latest: CG PET 2017 Application Form available here
Exam Name: Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test.
Conducting Body: Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board.
CG PET 2017 Salient Features
- CG PET 2017 is conducted to grant admission into various engineering courses in the participating institutes.
- Before applying for the examination, candidates must check the eligibility criteria of the examination.
- The examination will be held in 27 centres across the state of Chhattisgarh.
- The Admit card will be available online a week before the examination date.
- Score cards will be released online after the declaration of result online.
- The counselling will be held online for the qualifying students of JEE Main 2017 and CG PET 2017.
- For the seat allotment process, candidates will require reporting at the institutes in person with all the required documents.
The Important Dates of CG PET 2017 is the schedule of events related to the pre engineering test. Candidates who wish to appear in the examination must have an understanding about the important dates so that they don’t miss out any crucial event. Check the important dates of all the events of the entrance test in the table provided below.
|1.||Online application form available from||March 24, 2017|
|2.||Last date of online form submission||April 15, 2017 (11:59 pm)|
|3.||Last date to download SBI Challan for offline payment||April 17, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|4.||Last date for Application fee submission through SBI Challan||April 18, 2017|
|5.||Issue of admit card||1st week of May 2017|
|6.||CG PET 2017 exam date||May 11, 2017|
|7.||Result declaration||Last week of May 2017|
- The Application Form of CG PET 2017 is available in the online mode.
- Candidates have to fill up the application form and submit it on or before April 15, 2017.
- All the details; personal and academic, must be entered correctly in the application form.
- Candidates will require uploading the scanned images of their recent passport sized photograph and signature.
- Before the final submission of the application, candidates must preview all the details entered in the form.
- Candidates will have to pay the application fee. The payment can be made either through online or offline mode.
|SC/ ST||RS. 100|
The Exam Centres of CG PET 2017 list the name of the cities where the examination is going to be held. There are in total 27 centres allotted for the examination. Check the first 10 list of Exam Centres in the table given below:
|S No||Name of Cities|
The Admit Card of CG PET 2017 will be available for download one week prior to the examination date. Candidates have to login with their registration no. to download their admit card. Candidates have to take the admit card along with them to the examination hall or else they will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Candidates should keep their admit card safe and secure even after the examination as they will require to produce it at the time of counselling.
The Syllabus of CG PET 2017 consists of all the topics from which questions will be asked in the examination. Check the syllabus in the table given below:
|Physics||Rotational motion and moment of inertia, Force and laws of motion, Gravitation, Kinematics, Work, energy and power, Heat and thermodynamics, Properties of solid and fluids, Oscillation, Light, Waves, Electrostatics, Magnetism, Current electricity, Effect of electric current, Current electricity, Semiconductor, Electron, photon and radio activity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating current|
|Chemistry||Nuclear chemistry, Chemical bond, Chemical Equilibrium, Solid state, Solutions, Atomic structure, Chemical kinetics, Thermochemistry and thermodynamics, Surface chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical periodicity, Transitions metal, Comparative study of elements, Principles of metallurgical operations, Co-ordination compound, Chemical analysis, Organic compounds based on functional group containing nitrogen, Biomolecules, Chemistry in daily life, Chemistry of hydro carbon, Organic compounds containing organic oxygen, Biomolecules|
|Mathematics||Differential Calculus, Co- ordinate geometry of three dimensions, Algebra, Vector Algebra, Co- ordinate geometry of two dimension, Trigonometry, Integral calculus, Statistics, Differential equations, Numerical methods, Information technology|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question|
|Total no. of questions||Physics: 50
There are many engineering institutes in the state of Chattisgarh that give admission to students based on their performance in CG PET 2017. Check the first 10 names of Participating Institutes of CG PET 2017 in the table given below:
|S.No.||Name of Participating Institutes|
|1||Chhatrapati Shivaji Institute of Technology, Durg|
|2||Ashoka Institute of Technology & Management, Rajnandgaon|
|3||Bhilai Institute of Technology, Bhilai House, Durg|
|4||Dr. C.V. Raman Institute of Science & Technology, Bilaspur|
|5||Kirodimal Institute of Technology, Raigarh|
|6||MP Christian College of Engineering & Technology, Bhilai|
|7||Raipur Isntitute of Technology, Raipur|
|8||Bharti College of Engineering & Technology, Durg|
|9||Central College of Engineering & Management, Raipur|
It is mandatory for every candidate to fulfill the norms of eligibility set by the examination board to take admission in the participating institutes through CG PET 2017. Therefore, before applying for the examination, check the Eligibility Criteria of CGPET 2017 below:
Candidates must be a resident of Chhattisgarh.
Sample Papers of CG PET 2017 is similar to the question paper of the pre engineering test. Solving sample papers will help candidates to know the weightage that each section carry, the difficulty level of the question paper and the type of questions they can expect in the examination. With regular practice, the accuracy level will get better, concepts will become clearer and candidates will learn to manage their time. Thus, candidates should include sample papers in their time table while to prepare in a more organized and effective way for the examination. Candidates must download and practice sample papers as per their convenience.
After the examination is over, the answer key of CG PET 2017 will be released online. With its help, candidates can cross check their response and calculate their expected scores. Candidates, who have any objection regarding the answer key published by the university, can challenge it with solutions in person, by post or by mail. Candidates have to send the complaint within the given period of time.
- The Result of CG PET 2017 will be announced online.
- Candidates will require entering their roll no. to check their result.
- The ranks obtained by the candidates will be displayed in the result.
- After the result is declared, score cards will be released online.
- Candidates can download and take a print out of their score cards.
- The score cards should be kept safe and secure for future reference.
- The Counselling will be done for the qualified candidates of CG PET 2017 and JEE Main 2017.
- The counselling will be done online on the basis of scores secured by the candidates.
- Candidates have to register online and pay the registration fee through challan at any branch of SBI bank.
- Aspirants have to fill in their choices of the engineering branch and colleges.
- Candidates must take a print out of the registration form and produce it at the time of document verification.
- At the time of document verification, candidates must carry with them all the required original documents along with their photocopies.
After the completion of the counselling process, candidates will receive their seat allotment letter online. Candidates will require taking a print out of the same and report at the allotted college in person. Candidates must carry all the required documents along with them. They also have to make the admission fee payment at the time of seat allotment process.
Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board Raipur
Madhyamik Shiksha Mandal Parisar,
Pension Bada Raipur (C.G.)492001
Phone no:0771 4019274 / 0771 4024008
Fax :- 0771 4019287 / 771 4024008