CCMT 2017 Counselling – The registration process for counselling of CCMT 2017 has started from April 10 by SVNIT, Surat. All the candidates who have qualified GATE 2017, 2016 and 2015 can apply for CCMT 2017 registration till May 08. The CCMT 2017 counselling will be conducted in 40 participating institutes, which consists of NITs and CFTIs for admission to M.tech courses. The seat allotment process will be done in three rounds on the basis of marks secured in GATE and submitted choices. All the eligible candidates who are once allotted a seat will not be allowed to participate again in counselling of CCMT 2017. However, registration for NSR will be open for all on June 5 and the last date to apply is June 11 . Check CCMT 2017 Counselling important dates, registration process, payment, choices filling, seat allotment and more aspects from the article below.
Important Date of CCMT 2017 Counselling
The crucial dates for the Counselling of CCMT 2017 will be announced in due course. However, until then the candidates may have a look at the tentative duration when the events of CCMT 2017 are usually held.
Below are the scheduled dates of CCMT counselling 2017:
|S.No||CCMT 2017 Counselling Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Application form of CCMT2017 has been made available from||April 10, 2017|
|2.||Online choice filling can be done from||April 10, 2017|
|3.||Last date to submit the form and pay fee||May 8, 2017|
|4.||Deadline for choice filling will lapse on||May 11, 2017|
|5.||Locking of Choices has to be done until||May 8 to 11, 2017|
|6.||Choices will be locked automatically on||May 11, 2017|
|Round 1 Seat Allotment of CCMT 2017 Counselling|
|7.||Seat Allotment result will be announced on||May 21, 2017|
|8.||Payment of seat acceptance fee has to be done||May 22 to 25 2017|
|Round 2 Seat Allotment of CCMT 2017 Counselling|
|9.||Seat Allotment result will be announced on||May 29, 2017|
|10.||Payment of seat acceptance fee has to be done||May 30 to June 02, 2017|
|Round 3 Seat Allotment of CCMT 2017 Counselling|
|11.||Seat Allotment result will be announced on||June 11, 2017|
|12.||Payment of seat acceptance fee has to be done||June 12 to 15, 2017|
|13.||Provisional admission fee of Rs.10,000 has to be paid||June 16 to 22, 2017|
|14.||Announcement of sliding result||June 25, 2017|
|15.||Reporting at the institutes||June 26 to 29, 2017|
|16.||Vacancy seat matrix will be available from||July 04, 2017|
|NSR Round of CCMT 2017 Counselling|
|17||Registration for National Spot Round (NSR) will begin from||July 5 to 14, 2017|
|18.||NSR Fee can be paid until||July 25 to 14, 2017|
|19.||Choice filling||July 5 to 15, 2017|
|20.||Locking of choices||July 5 to 15, 2017|
|21.||NSR seat allotment result will be announced on||July 17 to 20, 2017|
|22.||Physical Reporting to the allotted institute||July 23, 2017|
|23.||Academic session will begin from||As per the respective institute|
There are 6 steps under the process of CCMT 2017 Counselling. All of these have been explained below.
CCMT 2017 registartion is now available – Apply here
Step – I. Registration and Form Filling – To participate in the Counselling of CCMT, the candidates will first have to fill the application form. The form can only be accessed, when the candidates will register by entering the below-mentioned details:
- GATE Marks out of 100
- Candidate’s Name
- GATE Registration ID
- Subject Paper of GATE
- GATE Examination Year
- GATE 2017 Scorecard
Once the registration is done, the candidates will be able to access the CCMT 2017 Application Form. In the form, the candidates will have to submit the Personal, Educational, and Bank details. Along with it, the candidates will also be required to upload a scanned copy of GATE 2017 Scorecard and choose a password.
The CCMT 2017 Counselling registration will not conclude until the candidates will submit the application fee. The Registration and Application Fee is Rs. 2000 for the General, OBC candidates but for the SC/ST candidates the amount is Rs. 1700. It can be paid through e-challan or Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
Step-II. Choice Filling in CCMT 2017: The choices for the courses and the colleges can only be paid after fee payment. Candidates need to login by entering the GATE Registration Number and Password. On login, the upper bar will display tabs for ‘Home’, ‘Choice Filling’, ‘Arrange Filled Choices’, ‘Choice InterChange’, ‘Choice Rearranged’, ‘Multiple Deletion’ and ‘Lock Choices’. The process to submit the choices, candidates will have to follow the process below:
- Choice Filling: Under this tab, the displayed window will be divided into two, for – ‘Available Choices’ and ‘Filled Choices’. Candidates have to use the add button (+) to move the institute name and program from ‘Available Choices’ to ‘Filled Choice’ section. Candidates can choose as many choices as they want.
- Arrange Filled Choices: Once all the choices, for CCMT 2017 Counselling, are dragged to the ‘Filled Choice’ section the candidates may use Arrange tab to set the priority. The most desired colleges and the courses are to be set as the top most priority.
- Choice Interchange: It will enable candidates to interchanged the submitted choices with another one.
- Choice Rearranged: As the name suggests, through it candidates can rearrange the priority of the choices.
- Multiple Deletion: With the help of this tab, the candidates will be able to delete multiple choice at one go.
- Lock Choices: It is very important to lock the choices. Candidates must note that Saving the choices is not same as Locking it. After using the save option, candidates will be able to edit, rearrange, delete, add, etc the choices. However, once the choices are locked no alteration will be allowed.
Note: As per the rules of CCMT 2017 Counselling, if the choices are not locked by the lapse of the deadline, it will automatically lock. Then candidates will not be able to set the order of priority. Hence, it is advised that the candidates lock the desired choices properly.
Step-III. CCMT 2017 Seat Allotment: The seat allotment released will be announced for each round of CCMT 2017 Counselling. In all, there will be 3 round of counselling, excluding the National Spot Round (NSR). The allotment will be done on the basis of the submitted choices and GATE 2017 Score. The candidates once allotted a seat will not be considered for remaining round of seat allotment, except NSR. The provisional seat allotment letter can be downloaded from the official website of CCMT.
Step-IV. Fee Payment: The candidates will have to remit the Seat Acceptance Fee. The amount of fee is Rs. 20000. It can be paid through SBI MOPS or e-challan. Candidates must keep the payment slip save, as it will be required in next round of CCMT 2017 Counselling.
Step-V. Reporting At RC: The candidates who will be allotted seat will be required to report at any of the ‘Reporting Centre’. Here, the candidates will have to produce the following documents, for the verification.
List of CCMT 2017 Participating Institutes – Check here
- Proof of registration and locked choices
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Seat acceptance payment slip
- Original GATE score card (2016 or 2017)
- Photo id proof
- Birth certificate/Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Qualifying Examination mark sheet
- Certificate of category, applicable for OBC/SC/ST category candidates
- OBC certificate
- Certificate for PwD, if applicable
- Migration certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Course completion certificate from the Head of the University/Institute, applicable if course not finished yet
- 3 passport size coloured photographs
Note: All of these certificates must be carried in original and as a photocopy. The photocopies must be self-attested.
Freezing, Sliding, and Floating Options in CCMT Counselling: During the reporting period, the candidates will be given choices for Freezing, Sliding, and Floating.
- Freezing: Choosing this options indicated that the candidates is satisfied with the allotment and accepts it.
- Sliding: This option indicated the willing of candidates to consider for all the higher preferences within the institute, in next round of CCMT 2017 Counselling.
- Floating: The candidates choosing this options are ready to consider higher choices across all the institutes, in next round of counselling.
Note: If the candidates aim to withdraw from the allotted process, they need to again approach the same RC. There, the candidates will have to submit the filled in Withdrawal form, along with the Provisional Seat Allotment Letter, proof of fee payment and Document Verification Certificate. These candidates will not be allotted seats in next round of counselling, except NSR.
Step-VI. Reporting at the Allotted Institute: At the end of CCMT 2017, the candidates will have to report at the allotted institute. However, before that, the candidates will have to pay Rs. 10000 as Provisional Admission Confirmation Fee. The amount can be submitted through Net banking, Debit/Credit card or SBI e-challan.
NSR of CCMT 2017 Counselling
National Spot Round will only be held if seats remain vacant after 3 round of CCMT 2017 Counselling. For this round, fresh registration will be done. The process of registration will remain same but the application fee will increase to Rs. 42000 (Rs. 4000 NSR Participation Fee + Rs. 2000 as Registration Fee). However, the same amount for SC/ST/PWD candidates will be Rs. 11500 (Rs. 10000 NSR Participation Fee + Rs. 1500 as Registration Fee). The payment mode will also be the same as that in Non-NSR Rounds of counselling. Some important factors related to CCMT 2017 NSR have been discussed below.
Who can Apply for NSR?
- All candidates who will fulfil the eligibility criteria but are not considered for Internal Sliding.
- Candidates who did not register earlier.
- Candidates who reported but choose the withdrawal option
In any case, the candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria of CCMT 2017 counselling.
Steps in NSR
Just like regular CCMT 2017 Counselling, candidates will have to apply online, submit the choices, lock it, and accept the allotted seat. The entire process of each event will be the same as explained above.
Stay updated with http://engg.entrancecorner.com/.