CBSE has issued a public notification to clarify all doubts and queries regarding the requirement of Aadhaar card for all JEE Mains Aspirants. As per the latest notice, all Indian applicants must possess an Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI to apply for JEE Main 2017 . It will be used to verify the identity of the applicants at the examination centres to ensure accuracy as well as eliminate impersonation.
However, after receiving a lot of protests and queries about this requirement, CBSE has cleared the air with its latest notification that answers all the questions raised on account of this criterion.
The notification specifies that the Aadhaar card is not mandatory for JEE Aspirants of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir. As the provision of Aadhaar card has not yet started in these three states, candidates from these states need to enter their ration card number, passport number, bank account number or any other valid government identity number like the voter ID etc. Aspirants of these particular states have to mandatorily choose the city of examination only in these states.
For candidates belonging to other states, CBSE has notified the following:
- Candidates who are in possession of an Aadhaar card must enter the Aadhaar number, name, date of birth and gender while filling JEE Main 2017 Application Form.
- Applicants who are entitled to obtain Aadhaar card have to write an application for enrollment. Candidates can visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre for enrolling their names.
- For the convenience of the students, CBSE has also set up facilitation centres in each examination city for candidates to enrol their names for the Aadhaar card for free.
- Applicants who have not received their Aadhaar card after enrollment have to enter the 28 digit Aadhaar enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip while applying for JEE Main 2017.
- If the enrolment facility is not provided at the facilitation centres, a request has to be submitted by the applicants. A registration number will be issued to the candidates and they have to enter this registration number at the time of filling up the online form.
All the CBSE affiliated schools of the states where Aadhaar card is applicable have also been issued circulars to create awareness regarding the requirement of Aadhaar card for JEE Main 2017.
The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations came into effect from September 14, 2016. Clause 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 states that Aadhaar number is for establishing the identity of an individual,whether by the State or any body corporate or person, pursuant to any law, for the time being in force, or any contract to this effect.