BVP CET 2017 : Bharati Vidyapeeth will conduct BVP CET 2017 for B.Tech courses on May 28, 2017, from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. The information brochure and the online Application Form of BVP CET 2017 have been released on February 09, 2017. The candidates can fill their application form until May 22, 2017. The exam will be held in 11 exam centres across India. The candidates will be called for counselling based on the merit list declared by the university. To get all the related information such as eligibility criteria, important dates, exam centres, exam pattern, admit card, result, counselling and other details about BVP CET 2017 read the complete article given below.
Exam Name: Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test, (BVP CET) 2017
Organized by: Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
Salient Features of BVP CET 2017
- BVP CET 2017 will be conducted by the Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune.
- The University provides 9 undergraduate engineering programmes with a total intake of 750 students.
- Candidates who wish to appear for the examination will require applying for the same.
- Candidates can apply either through offline or online mode for the examination.
- It is mandatory for the aspirants to fulfill the Eligibility Criteria of BVP CET 2017.
- The examination will be held in 11 cities across the country. Candidates will require selecting the exam centre according to their preference at the time of filling up the application form.
- The admit cards will be issued to only those candidates who have successfully applied for the examination.
- Candidates must take their admit card along with them to the centre on the examination day. Candidates without the possession of the admit card will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- The Result of BVP CET 2017 will be announced in the 2nd week of June, 2017, tentatively.
- A separate Rank List will be published after the declaration of result on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in BVP CET 2017.
- The counselling and the seat allotment process will be done on the basis of the Rank List of BVP CET 2017.
BVP CET 2017 Programmes
The university offers a total no. of 9 undergraduate engineering programmes with a total of 750 intakes of students. The names of all the available programmes along with the intake in individual programmes are listed in the table given below:
|S No.||Name of Programmes||Total no. of student intake|
|1||B Tech. Chemical||60|
|2||B Tech. Civil||60|
|3||B Tech. Computer||120|
|4||B Tech. Electrical||60|
|5||B Tech. Electronics||90|
|6||B Tech. Electronics & telecommunication||120|
|7||B Tech. Production||60|
|8||B Tech. Mechanical||120|
|9||B. Tech Information Technology||60|
BVP CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Only the Candidates who fulfill the relevant requirements will be considered eligible for BVP CET 2017. Before applying for the exam, candidates are advised to check the Eligibility Criteria of BVP CET 2017. Candidates who do not satisfy the requirements will not be considered for admission under any circumstances. Interested candidates can check BVP 2017 Eligibility Criteria in the table given below:
|Qualification||Candidates must qualify 10+2 examination or any other equivalent examination with physics and mathematics as main subjects along with chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ technical Vocational subject as one of the optional subject. Candidates must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (SC/ST candidates must obtain a minimum aggregate of 45% marks) in the subjects taken together. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply for the examination provided they have offered the above-mentioned subjects in the said examinations. However, candidates who qualify the BVP CET 2017 examination will have to produce their mark sheet of 10+ 2 exam at the time of counselling.|
The Important Dates of BVP CET 2017 contains dates of important events of BVP CET 2017. Candidates should keep track of the important dates to make sure they don’t miss out any important event. The list of important dates is given in the table below.
|1.||Information brochure and application form is available||February 09, 2017|
|2.||Last date for submission of application form||May 22, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|3.||Admit Card of BVP CET 2017||3rd week of May 2017|
|4.||BVP CET 2017 Exam Date for B.Tech courses||May 28, 2017 (11:00 am to 2:00 pm)|
|5.||Declaration of result||June 05, 2017|
|6.||Counselling starts from||Last week of June 2017|
|7.||Commencement of classes||July 05, 2017|
Candidates can apply for BVP CET 2017either through online or offline mode. Details about both the modes of application procedure in given below:
- The Application Form of BVP CET 2017 is available along with the brochure of BVP CET 2017.
- Candidates should be careful while filling up the application form. Any discrepancies in the application form will lead to its rejection.
- All the details in the application form should be in BLOCK letters .Candidates must fill up the application form with only blue/ black pen.
- After entering all the details, candidates must affix their passport size photograph at the provided space. It needs to be attested by a Gazetted officer or by the Principal/ head of the Institution where the candidates have studied.
- The declaration in the application form should be signed both by the applicant and the mother/ father/ guardian of the applicants.
- The application fees for B.Tech courses is Rs. 1700.
- The application fee can be submitted in person or by registered post/ speed post/ courier through Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank or Bharati Sahakari Bank Ltd. Payable at Pune, in favour of Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, pune and send it to the address given below:
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
Second floor, CET Department,
Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, L.B.S.Marg, Pune 411030
- The name of the candidate and the number of the application form must be mentioned on the back of the Demand Draft.
- Before applying for BVP CET 2017, candidates have to register online. Candidates will require having a valid and unique email ID.
- All the necessary details have to be filled in by the candidates and click on “Submit” to move to the next section.
- An email will be sent to the candidates containing their username and password.
- Candidates have to login with their registered email and password to fill up the application form.
- After successful login, candidates will need to pay the registration fee of Rs 1700 through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- After the payment of Registration fee, candidates can proceed forward to fill up the application form.
- Candidates have to enter all the details asked in the form.
- After filling up all the details candidates have to upload the scanned images of their passport sized photograph and signature.
- After the completion of the application process, candidates will require to logout and login again to download the summary of the application.
- Candidates must ensure to save and print a copy of the application for future reference.
BVP CET 2017 Exam Cities
BVP CET 2017 will be held in 11 Exam Centres across the country. Candidates have to choose the city of examination according to their preference at the time of filling up the application form. Candidates must be careful while selecting the exam city as it cannot be changed later. The list of Exam Cities of BVP CET 2017 along with their centre code is given in the table below:
|S.No.||Exam Centres||Centre Code|
- The Admit Card of BVP CET 2017 will be issued to all the candidates who have successfully applied for the examination.
- The admit card will be dispatched by post to candidates under certification of posting.
- Candidates can also attain their admit card from their login account or through email.
- The Admit Card will bear the roll number, address of the Examination Centre allotted to the candidates along with other details.
- If the admit card is not received within the given time, Candidates must contact the concerned Designated Centres at Pune, Navi Mumbai and New Delhi or the concerned examination centres at Vadodara, Hyderabad, Indore, Bangalore to obtain a duplicate admit card.
- In order to obtain the duplicate admit card, candidates must have in possession two copies of their photograph and a proof of submission/ mailing of application form.
- Candidates must ensure to keep their admit card safe and secure as no candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination without the possession of their admit cards.
The Syllabus of BPV CET 2017 consists of chapters from physics and mathematics. Candidates must have knowledge about the syllabus prescribed for the exam and be thorough with it. The Syllabus of BVP CET 2017 can be checked in the table below:
|Physics||Physical World & Measurement, kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect gas and Kinetic theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices|
|Mathematics||Trigonometry, Determinant, Sets, Relations and Functions, Logarithm, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction and binomial Theorem, Limits & Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives, Integration, Application of Integral, Differential Equations, Boolean Algebra, mathematical Logic, Matrices, Plane Coordinate Geometry, Vectors, Three Dimensional Geometry, linear Programming, Statistics,|
The Exam pattern of BVP CET 2017 will provide an insight about the question pattern of the examination. Check details about the Exam Pattern of BVP CET 2017 and related details in the table given below:
|Total no. of Papers||One|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice questions (MCQs)|
|Total no. of Questions||200; Physics: 100, Mathematics: 100|
|Total no. of Marks||200|
BVP CET 2017 Sample Papers
The Sample Papers of BVP CET 2017 is similar to the question paper of the examination. The sample Papers are introduced to give the aspirants a prior experience of the main examination. Sample papers are of great benefit and students must practice sample papers to prepare in a more effective way for the examination. Regular practice of sample papers will give an insight about the question pattern; total no. of questions, duration, marking schemes and most importantly the difficulty level of the question paper. The accuracy level of the candidates will improve and students will be able to eliminate silly mistakes. As the examination is time bound, through sample papers, it will also help in improving time management skills of the students. Therefore, candidates who wish to qualify the examination with flying colour must download and practice Sample Papers of BVP CET 2017.
The Answer Key of BVP CET consists of the correct answers to the questions asked in the examination. It will be published officially after the conclusion of the examination. Candidates who have appeared in the examination can take the help of answer key to calculate their expected scores and analyse their performance.
- The Result of BVP CET will be declared on June 5, 2017.
- The result will be made available in both online offline modes.
- The result will be available at the office of the Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University in Pune and at the designated centres at Navi Mumbai and New Delhi.
- Candidates who wish to check the result in online mode will have to enter their course name, roll no. and date of birth and click on “Submit” button.
BVP CET 2017 Rank List
- The Rank List of BVP CET 2017 will be prepared after the result is declared
- The rank list will be prepared for the qualified candidates on the basis of their performance in BVP CET 2017.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in Mathematics and Physics taken together.
Tie breaking Resolution:
In case, two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the examination, the following methods will be used to determine the ranks of such candidates:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Mathematics will be assigned higher rank.
- If this does not resolve the tie, candidates obtaining higher aggregate percentage of marks in H.S.C/ equivalent examinations will be given higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, candidates obtaining higher percentage of marks in Mathematics in 10th standard will be given better ranks.
- If the tie still persists, computerised random selection of candidate will be carried out.
- The Counselling of BVP CET 2017 will be done on the basis of the rank list.
- Candidates will require attending the counselling as per their ranks on the list.
- The counselling will be conducted at Bharati Vidyapeeth University College of Engineering, Pune- Satara Road, Pune, 411043.
- The invitation letters for the counselling will be sent to the qualified candidates on the basis of the ranks obtained by them.
- Candidates will have to attend the counselling in person as per scheduled.
- Failure to report for counselling on the scheduled date and time will lead to the candidate’s cancellation of admission.
BVP CET 2017 Seat Allotment
- The University will allot seats on the basis of the ranks obtained by the candidates and as per availability of seats.
- Candidates will be allowed to choose admission to their desired course when their turn for counselling arrives.
- Candidates have to produce all the necessary documents (original and two sets of photocopies) at the time of seat allotment process. Candidates who fail to provide the required documents will not be allotted seats.
- Candidates who are allotted seats have to pay the entire amount of annual tuition fee and other fees through Bank Draft drawn in favour of “ Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University” payable at Pune.
|B.Tech courses||Regular Merit Category (In Rs)||Management Merit Category (In Rs)||Foreign/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Merit Category|
|Annual fees||106000||150000||US$ 5400|
Candidates will also have to pay an additional fee mentioned below in the table along with the annual fees at the time of admission.
|Network Security||Rs. 6600|
|Caution Money Deposit||Rs. 2000|
|Smart Card||Rs. 450|
|Dress Code||For boys: Rs. 1000
For girls: Rs 850
|Total||For boys: Rs. 10, 050
For girls: Rs. 9,900
Note: caution money deposit will be refunded after completion of course.
Bharti Vidyapeeth University,
Pune-Satara Road, 411043,
Official Website: http://www.bharatividyapeeth.edu/