BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017: The application form of Junior Telecom Officer has been released by BSNL on March 6, 2017. The last date to fill the online application form is April 6, 2017. All the candidates who are interested to apply can fill the application form of BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017 from the link given on this page. BSNL had announced 2510 vacancies for the post of JTO in disciplines Telecom, Electronics, Electrical, Radio, Computer Science, Information Technology, Instrumentation Engineering on the basis of valid GATE 2017 scores. Candidates having M.Sc. Degree in Electronics/Computer Science is also eligible. The candidates just have to qualify GATE 2017 for the valid paper code to participate in BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017. There is no interview for this recruitment. The application process is strictly online and applications submitted through any other mode will not be accepted by the conducting authority. Read below for complete information about eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application process of BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017.
Organization: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL)
Posts Announced: Junior Telecom Officer (JTO)
No of vacancies: 2510
Disciplines: Telecom/Electronics/Radio/Computer/Electrical/Information Technology/ Instrumentation Engg. Or M.Sc (Electronics)/ (Computer Science)
BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Important Dates
The important dates pertaining to BSNL Recruitment via GATE are mentioned in the table below.
|S.No.||BSNL JTO Recruitment Through GATE Events||Dates|
|1||GATE 2017 Application Form||September 1 to October 10, 2016|
|2||GATE 2017 Admit Card available for Download||January 4, 2017|
|3||Detailed Notification of BSNL JTO Recruitment Through GATE 2017||December 1, 2016|
|4||Start Date of BSNL Application Form||March 06, 2017|
|5||Last Date for BSNL Application Form||April 06, 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals
- They must have passed B.E or B.Tech in Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Electrical/ Information Technology/ Instrumentation Engg.
Candidates who have passed with M.Sc (Electronics)/ Computer Science can also apply.
Detailed Eligibility Criteria:
|S.No||Post Announced: JTO in||Eligible Disciplines||GATE Paper Code|
|1||Instrumentation Engineering||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|2||Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Electrical||Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Electrical||EE|
|3||Computer Science/ Information Technology||Computer Science/ Information Technology||CS|
How to Apply for BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017
- Candidates can fill the application form through the link given on this page.
- Candidates who are applying for BSNL recruitment for the first time will have to complete a one-time registration and all other can login with their log in and password.
- The first step will be to provide the GATE 2017 registration number as mentioned on the GATE Admit Card.
- Next, candidates should provide all the information as asked in the application form with regard to personal details, academic qualifications, etc.
- After completing the above-mentioned formalities, candidates will have to pay the application fees. The payment of application fees of BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017 can be done through online mode only.
- After payment of application fees, candidates can submit their application form.
- Candidates are advised to download and save a copy of the application form for future references.
Click here to apply for BSNL JTO 2017
BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Application fees
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has fixed an amount to be paid as application fees along with the application form. Candidates of General and OBC category will have to Rs.500/- whereas candidates belonging to SC/ST category have to pay Rs.300/-. The mode of payment for application fees of BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017 is online through net banking/credit/debit cards only.
Vacancy Details of BSNL Recruitment through GATE 2017
From the table below, candidates can check the category-wise vacancy details for each state.
|Andaman and Nicobar||07||05||00||01||01||13|
|Jammu and Kashmir||50||22||06||06||02||84|
|Nothern Telecom Region||40||08||04||02||01||28|
|Uttar Pradesh (West)||64||32||10||11||03||117|
|Chennai Telecom District||22||05||00||10||01||37|
BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017 Selection Procedure
Candidates who will the fill the application form of BSNL JTO Recruitment 2017 will have to provide their choice of circle for final posting if selected. The selection process of JTO Recruitment in BSNL consists of qualifying GATE 2017 exam followed by document verification. After the GATE 2017 Result will be declared on March 27, BSNL will prepare a circle-wise merit list of all the candidates and fix a cutoff score for screening of candidates. BSNL has clarified there will be no personal interview of candidates.
All the candidates who will be shortlisted on the basis of cutoff will be called for document verification and they will be issued admit cards for the same. Candidates qualifying the document verification will have to undergo a pre-training and qualify it to be selected for final appointment. BSNL will given the candidates two chances to clear the pre-training.
BSNL JTO Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Document Verification
Candidates can check the list of documents they will have to carry for the verification round. Candidates are advised to carry the mentioned documents in original and two xerox copies of each.
- GATE 2017 Admit Card
- GATE 2017 Score Card
- XIIth, Graduation and Post Graduation mark sheet
- XIIth, Graduation and Post Graduation Certificates
- Category Certificate
- Date of Birth/Matriculation/School Leaving Certificate