Exam Pattern for BITSAT 2012 is as follows:
All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark). No marks are awarded for questions not attempted. While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer.
BITSAT 2012 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency &
(b) Logical Reasoning
There will be 150 questions in all. The number of questions in each part is as follows:
|Parts||Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics only; four questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
- The questions are so designed that a good student will be able to answer 150 questions in 180 minutes. The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher. However, candidates should keep in mind the fact that there is negative marking for wrong answers and any attempt to answer the questions by pure guessing of the answers is not likely to have any advantage, but may result in a reduction in the total score.
- The questions will be selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
- All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only. Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers. Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
BITSAT 2012: Syllabus
The BITSAT 2012 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. Candidates may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT will be made available to the registered candidates at the BITS website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
Other Related Links:
- About BITSAT 2012
- BITSAT 2012 Exam Pattern
- BITSAT 2012 Notification
- BITSAT 2012 Application Process
- BITSAT 2012 Syllabus
- BITSAT 2012 Important Dates
- BITSAT 2012 FAQ's
- BITSAT 2012 Cutoff
- BITSAT 2012 Answer Key
- BITSAT 2012 Result
- BITSAT 2012 Counseling
- BITSAT 2011 Archives