BITSAT 2017 Syllabus comprises the subject wise syllabus based on which the question paper will be prepared or the examination. The online test consists of four sections viz., Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English. Each section consists of multiple units from which questions will be asked in the examination. Every candidate who wishes to appear in BITSAT 2017 must be well acquainted with the Syllabus of BITSAT 2017. Aspirants must be thorough with the sections of each subject of the prescribed syllabus to ace the examination. Check the detailed BITSAT 2017 Syllabus given below on this page.
Latest: BITSAT 2017 Application form Available Now
BITS Pilani has not announced the Syllabus of BITSAT 2017 as of now. The syllabus is expected to remain same to that of previous year’s examination. We have provided the section wise syllabus below. Aspirants can download Syllabus of BITSAT2017 provided below:
Note: BITSAT 2017 Syllabus given above is based on Syllabus prescribed for last year’s examination. As soon as BITS Pilani announces any changes in the syllabus, we will update the article.
In addition to BITSAT 2017 Syllabus, applicants must also go through the exam pattern of the examination to get an understanding about the format of the examination. It will assist students on how to prepare for the examination effectively. The Exam Pattern of BITSAT 2017 includes details such as mode of examination, total marks, duration, marking scheme and more. Interested students may check the details given below:
- The examination will be conducted only in the online mode, i.e. BITSAT 2017 will be a Computer Based Exam.
- The total duration of the online test will be of three hours.
- There will be four sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- The English section is further divided into English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
- The question paper will comprise of a total no. of 150 questions.
- The total no. of marks in the question paper is 450.
- The correct answer will carry 3 marks. For every incorrect answer, there will be a negative marking of 1 mark.
12 Questions Set in BITSAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- Candidates who can complete the test without skipping a single question will be provided with an option of attempting 12 extra questions, provided there is enough time left.
- The 12 questions will be distributed among the 3 sections, namely, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each section will have four questions.
- Once the students opt for the 12 extra questions, they will not be allowed to go back to the set of 150 questions answered earlier.
- The questions are designed for brilliant candidates giving them a chance to score higher.