BITSAT 2017 Counselling – The counselling of BITSAT 2017 will be held from 1st week of July, 2017 will be conducted by BITS, Pilani. The procedure of admission is commonly known as Iterations. The conducting body has not announced more about the seat allotment process, but it is expected to be held in four iterations. For every iteration, the result will be announced, which will consist of the names of the candidates, called for BITSAT 2017 Counselling. To appear for the admission process, candidates will have to fill the application form mentioning 10+2 examination marks and preferences of degree programmes offered by the institutes and its associate campuses. Central and state board topper candidates can apply separately for admissions under “Direct Admission to Board Toppers” category. To know more about the procedure of BITSAT 2017 Counselling, scroll down and read the article below.
BITSAT 2017 Counselling Schedule
The schedule for admission process will be announced through the information brochure. However, the candidates can check the tentative schedule of BITSAT 2017 Counselling.
|1.||Announcement of result of BITSAT 2017 Iteration 1||1st week of July 2017|
|2.||Announcement of result of BITSAT 2017 Iteration 2||2nd week of July 2017|
|3.||Announcement of admission after Iteration 2||2nd week of July 2017|
|4.||Closing date for payment of balance fee by the candidates from the waiting list in iteration 2||4th week of July 2017|
|5.||Admission assignment after Iteration 3||4th week of July 2017|
|6.||Reporting to the campuses for admission||4th week of July 2017|
|7.||Admission after Iteration 4||1st week of August 2017|
|8.||Selected candidates of Iteration 4, reporting to the campuses for admission||1st week of August 2017|
BITSAT 2017 Counselling Application Form
- Qualifying candidates of BITSAT 2017 will have to apply for availing admission int various engineering courses by filling the admission application form for counselling online.
- Application Form for admissions will be submitted online with the XIIth mark sheet.
- Along with it, candidates also have to enter the preferences of colleges and courses they desire to get admission in.
Filling BITSAT 2017 Counselling Admission Application Form
Candidates who have passed class 12th in the year 2016 or 2017 and have qualified in entrance examination, are eligible to be in the Admit List of BITSAT 2017.
Step 1 – Personal Details
While filling the application form for BITSAT 2017 Counselling, the candidates will have to fill in their personal details such as Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, Category etc.
Step 2 – Educational Details
Candidates will have to fill educational details of class 12th in the form. In case, the candidates do not have the results, they can submit the details by logging in.
Step 3 – Filling of Preferences
After that, candidates will have to select the order of preferences available in BITS. Candidates are advised to check the details while submitting, as the form once submitted cannot be edited. Therefore, they must be careful about the information filled by them.
Candidates do not have Class 12th marks
Candidates, who do not have received their class 12th mark sheet, must take a print out of the fresh application form with the words written on the top – “Original Form submitted. Class XII marks being submitted now”. The fresh application form will be sent to the institute by such candidates. No additional charges will be charged for the fresh application form.
BITSAT 2017 Counselling Procedure
The counselling of BITSAT 2017 will be divided into various steps for filling up the seats into the engineering courses for the session 2017-18. The procedure of the counselling is as follows:
- After filling the application form, the admission assignment for the first iteration will be announced.
- The result for the admission and the waiting list after the first iteration will be announced.
- The candidates who will be selected have to pay the admission fee.
- If the seats will be left vacant, the candidates from the waiting list will be called for subsequent rounds of counselling.
Important Details about BITSAT 2017 Counselling
- The Birla Institute of Technology and Science will allocate seats to the candidates strictly on the basis of merit rank obtained in the BITS Admission Test.
- The BITSAT Counselling 2017 is a fully computerized process. The institute will be allotted to the candidates according to the order of preferences filled by the candidates.
- The computer process has been designed for the allotment of seats to the candidates assigning seats from the first candidate and going down the entire list until all the seats will be filled up.
- The result for the BITSAT 2017 Counselling and seat allotment will be updated on the official website.
Candidates who will be allocated seats in the Counselling process, have to pay the admission fee and must complete the necessary formalities for the admission. A direct admission will be granted to the board toppers. The detail about this scheme will be announced by BITS after May 20, 2017.