BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has released the call letters for all the candidates who have been shortlisted for interview on the basis of their GATE 2017 scores. The PSU has also announced the cutoff of BHEL recruitment through GATE 2017 for recruitment of engineer trainees. Those candidates who have secured marks as per the cutoff to be able to download the interview call letters. Candidates have to provide their acknowledgement number and date of birth to download the interview call letter of BHEL recruitment through GATE 2017. BHEL had announced 50 vacancies for the post of Engineer Trainee from mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines. The cutoff score as announced by BHEL has been provided below on this page. Read on for complete details of BHEL recruitment through GATE 2017
Latest: BHEL interview call letters released – Download Here
Features of BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2017
Organization Name: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
Categorized as: Maharatna
For the Post of: Engineer Trainee
Pay Scale: Rs. 20,600 – 46,500
Number of Vacancies: 50 vacancies and the distribution of it as below:
|S. No||Post||No. of Vacancies|
|1||Engineer Trainee in Mechanical||30|
|2||Engineer Trainee in Electrical||20|
Note: The number of vacancies might be increased on the basis of further assessment.
Important Dates BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2017
The dates for the GATE and BHEL recruitment are as below.
|Release of application form for GATE||September 1, 2016|
|Last date to submit GATE application form||October 10, 2016|
|Admit card for GATE released on||January 4, 2017|
|GATE 2017 is due on||February 4, 5, 11, and 12, 2017|
|BHEL application form available||January 11, 2017|
|Last date to submit BHEL application form||February 3, 2017|
|The copy of the acknowledgement slip has to be submitted, to BHEL, till||March 3, 2017|
Note: The last date to submit the acknowledgement slip for the candidates from North East and far flung areas is March 10, 2017.
BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Cutoff Scores
|BHEL Engineer Trainee Recruitment through GATE 2017|
|Cut-Off GATE Scores (out of 100) – Shortlisted for Interviews|
Note: Relaxation to the cut-off marks upto 50% accorded to Persons with Disabilities candidates for being invited for interviews.
Previous year cutoff of BHEL
Note: Physically challenged candidates were given 20% relaxation below the cutoff marks in the respective category.
BHEL Recruitment via GATE 2017 Application Process
Candidates may check details regarding submitting of Application Form for BHEL Recruitment through GATE from below:
Requirement for Submitting Application Form – Before submitting the application form, the candidates will have to keep the following ready:
- Functional E-Mail ID
- Scanned Copy of Caste Certificates, if applicable
- Scanned Copy of PWD Certificate, if applicable
- Scanned Photograph and Signature
- Credentials of Debit/Credit Card (only for Gen and OBC Candidates)
The Dimension of Photograph and Signature:
|1.||Photograph||Max. 500 KB||JPG or JPEG|
|2.||Signature||Max. 250 KB|
|3.||Category Certificate||Max 1 MB|
|4.||Disability Certificate||Max 1 MB|
Application Fee Amount and Details: The candidates should note that they only need to submit the application fee, for BHEL Recruitment through GATE, if they belong to General or OBC-NCL category. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Ex-SM category are exempted from fee payment. The amount of application fee is as below:
- Gen and OBC-NCL candidates will have to submit Rs. 300.
- The fee amount can only be submitted online, through Debit/Credit card.
The Process to Submit BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Application Form: The registration for recruitment is divided into three stages:
- Application Form Filling
- Uploading of Images
- Fee Payment
Each of the above mentioned stages has been explained below:
Stage-1-Form Filling: Candidates will have to click on the link above and then enter the following details in the application form:
- Discipline and GATE-2017 Registration No – Discipline of Engineering, Gate-2017 Registration No, Re-Type Gate-2017 Registration No
- Personal Details – Name, Date of Birth, Marital Status, Father’s Name
- Information on Caste, Disability etc – Nationality, Category, Minority Communities, Whether Ex-serviceman, Whether Physically Challenged, Whether domiciled(resided) in Jammu & Kashmir
- Contact Address and Other Details – Email ID, Mobile Number, Alternate Phone Number
- Mailing Address and Permanent Address
- Educational Qualification – Graduation and Post Graduation Details, Other Details
- Present Employment Details (if applicable) – Employment Status, Preference of Interview, Preference of posting.
- Caste Details – Caste State
After submitting all the mentioned details, the candidates will have to sign a Declaration and click on ‘Submit Application’ button. Consequent to this, an ‘Acknowledgement Number’ will be generated by the system. The candidates must keep is safely, as it will be required in further recruitment process.
Step-2-Uploading of Images: Next, with the help of the allocated number, the candidates will be login and upload their Photograph and Signature. Both the documents are to be submitted in the above mentioned format.
Candidates belonging to reserved category will also be required to upload scanned image of Caste or PWD certificate, if it is required. The dimensions for it are also mentioned above. Once the required images are uploaded properly, the status will show ‘Complete’. If the status do not show a positive status, candidates must try to solve the error.
Step-3-Fee Payment – The fee amount can only be paid online, via Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card.
After the successful fee payment, the candidates may takeout a print of the filled-in application form. However, it should be noted that the candidates need not send it to the authorities.
BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Selection Procedure
- Candidate’s GATE 2017 score, out of 100, will be the determining factor to shortlisting them for the Interview round.
- The candidates will be grouped as per the category and will then be called for the interview round.
- After the assessment of the performance of the candidate in the interview, the final merit list will be prepared.
- In it, 75% weightage will be given to GATE 2017 score and the remaining 25% weightage will be given to Interview round.
- On the basis of the final merit, vacancies will be filled.
Eligibility Criteria for BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2017
The eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for the BHEL recruitment are as below:
Age: The applicant should be less than 27 years old. However, for the candidates possessing two year, full time PG Engineering or Business Administration degree, the upper age limit is 29 years.
The relaxation of upper age limit is as below:
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- Physically Challenged – 10 years for UR, 13 for OBC-NCL and 15 for SC/ST
- Ex-Servicemen – As per extant of Government of India
- Jammu and Kashmir candidates – 5 years for those who were declared domicile of J& during January 1, 1980, to December 21, 1989.
Education Qualification: The candidates must have a B.Tech/B.E/5 years M.Tech degree in the Mechanical or Electrical engineering. The course should be full-time from a recognised Institute or University.
The disciplines which stand valid for ET post, along the GATE paper are as mentioned below:
|Post||Graduation Discipline||Corresponding GATE 2017 Paper|
|Engineer Trainee in Mechanical||Industrial and Production Engineering/Industrial Engineering/Mechanical Production and Tool Engineering/Production Technology Manufacturing Engineering (NIFFT Ranchi)/Mechatronics/Manufacturing Process and Automation/Power Plant Engineering/Production Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering/Thermal Engineering/Manufacturing Technology/Power Engineering||ME|
|Engineer Trainee in Electrical||Electrical & Electronics/Electrical, Instrumentation & Control/High Voltage Engineering Power Systems & High Voltage Engineering/Electrical Machine/Electronics & Power/Power Electronics/Power Plant Engineering./Energy Engineering/Power Engineering||EE|
Note: The applicants are expected to produce their Degree or Final Year marks sheet by June 1, 2017, or at the time of the interview, depending on which is earlier.
For details of GATE 2017 have a look at the table below:
|GATE 2017||Click Here|
|GATE 2017 Application Form||Click Here|
|GATE 2017 Admit Card||Click Here|