BCECE 2017 – The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) has postponed the 1st stage of BCECE 2017. The exam date is yet to be notified by the BCECEB. The 2nd stage of the exam is scheduled to be held on May 14, 2017. Through BCECE 2017, candidates will be able to take admission around 7 engineering colleges with a total number of around 1600 seats in the state of Bihar. For admission to the participating institutes, candidates have to qualify both the stages of examination. The online registration was available February 14 to March 06, 2017. The issuance of the admit card of BCECE 2017 has been postponed by BCECE Board. However, before applying, aspirants must go through the eligibility criteria defined for admission by the BCECE Board. To know more about BCECE 2017 such as eligibility requirements, important dates, application process, exam pattern etc. read the article given below on this page.
Exam Name: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) 2017.
Governing body: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
BCECE 2017 Salient Features
- BCECE 2017 will be conducted for admission offered by the participating institutes in B. Tech courses.
- Each and every candidate must fulfill the norms of eligibility to appear and take admission in the desired course.
- Candidates who have successfully applied for the examination will be issued admit cards.
- The admit cards will only be available online.
- Candidates without their admit card will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- The examination will be conducted in two stages. Candidates have to qualify in both the stages of BCECE 2017.
- The result of both the stages of the examination will be announced online.
- Candidates qualifying in BCECE 2017 will be able to participate in the counselling process.
- Only the candidates who pass the handwriting test will be able to download their allotment letter and proceed further for the seat allotment process.
BCECE 2017 Participating Institutes
The Participating Institutes of BCECE 2017 will grant admission into various B.Tech courses based on the scores secured by the students in BCECE 2017. Check the names of the Participating Institutes in the list given below.
|S No||Participating Institutes|
|3||Nalanda College of Engg. Chandi, Nalanda|
|7||L.J.P.I.T , Chapra|
Candidates have to fulfill all the norms set by the admission board. Candidates who do not satisfy the requirements will not be allowed to take admission in any of the participating institution. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria in the table given below:
|Age||No age restriction|
|Nationality||Candidates must be citizen of India|
|Subject combination in qualifying examination||Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry|
The Important Dates of BCECE 2017 comprises the schedule of all the events associated with the examination. Candidates must make sure to check the important dates to be prepared for all the events well in advance.
|1||Online Registration for BCECE 2017 starts||February 14, 2017|
|2||Last date for online registration||March 06, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|3||Last date for payment through challan||March 09, 2017|
|4||Last date for payment through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card||March 09, 2017|
|5||Editing online application form||March 10, 2017 to March 12, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|6||Last date for submission of hard copy of online application form||March 20, 2017 (5:00 PM)|
|7||Issue of Admit Card (Stage I)||To be notified soon|
|8||Exam date||1st stage:
2nd stage: May 14, 2017
|9||Result announcement||1st stage: last week of April 2017
2nd stage: 3rd week of June 2017
|10||BCECE 2017 Counselling||1st week of July- 3rd week of August 2017|
The application form is available in the online mode from February 14 to March 06, 2017. The last date for the payment of application fee was March 09, 2017. Steps to fill up the Application Form of BCECE 2017 is as given below:
Step 1) Registration: candidates have to register themselves by filling up the registration form and provide their mobile no. and email ID. Candidates will receive their application no. and password in their registered mobile no. / email ID.
Step 2) Payment of Examination Fee: Before filling up the application form, candidates will require paying the examination fee in the online mode or through challan.
Step 3) Personal Information: In the form, candidates have to fill in personal details and upload the scanned copies of their recent passport sized photograph and signature.
Step 4) Educational Information: Candidates also have to enter information about their qualifying examination such as Board name, roll number, school name etc.
Step 5) Dispatch of Application Form: after the submission of the application form, candidates have to take a print out of the same and send it by Registered Post or speed Post to the address given below:
Controller of Examination,
I.A.S. Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
P.O.-B.V.College, Patna – 800014
Fee Structure of Application Form:
|SC/ ST/DQ||Rs. 500|
The Exam Centres of BCECE will be held in 39 cities in Bihar and also in few other states. Candidates have to select the exam centre at the time of filling up the application form. Check the first 10 names of the Exam Centres of BCECE 2017 along with their code in the table given below.
|S No||Name of Cities||City Code|
- The Admit Card of BCECE 2017 for Phase I has been delayed by the authority due to some issues. The new date for the release of the admit card will be announced soon.
- Candidates who have successfully applied for the examination can access the admit card by logging in with their application no. and password.
- All the information mentioned in the admit card must be checked carefully before downloading and taking a print out.
- Candidates must bring their admit card along with them to the examination hall.
- No candidates will be allowed appear in the examination without the admit card.
The Syllabus of BCECE comprises of all the subjects from which questions will be asked in the examination. Aspirants can check the prescribed subject wise syllabus below:
|Chemistry||Structure of atom Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Classification of elements & periodicity in properties, States of matter: gases and liquids, structure of atom, Thermodynamics, Redox reaction, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, Some p- block elements, s- block elements (Alkali and alkali earth metals), Hydrocarbons, Organic Chemistry- some basic principles and techniques, solutions, Environmental chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Electrochemistry, General principles and processes of isolations of elements, Surface chemistry, d- and f- block elements, p- block elements, organic compounds containing nitrogen, alcohols, phenols and ethers, Halo alkenes and halo arenes, Aldehydes, ketones & Carboxylic acids, Polymers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life.|
|Physics||Gravitation, Physical world and measurement, laws of motion, Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Properties of bulk matter, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Oscillations and waves, Heat and thermodynamics, Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, Magnetic effects of current and Magnetism, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Optics, Electromagnetic waves, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Communication systems, Electronic devices, Atoms and nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation,|
Algebra, Sets and functions, Calculus, Co-ordinate geometry, Relations and functions, Mathematical reasoning, Algebra (II0, Statistics and probability, Calculus (II), Vectors and three dimensional geometry, probability, Linear programming,
BCECE 2017 Exam pattern
BCECE 2017 will be conducted in two stages. Candidates qualifying in the paper of stage I will be able to appear for the second stage of examination. The pattern of the paper of the stages is different. Check the Exam Pattern of BCECE 2017 below to know about the question types, marks, total no. of question etc.
|Total no. of stages||Two|
|Type of question||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Duration||2 hours 15 minutes|
|Sections||1) Physics2) Chemistry3) Mathematics|
|Total no. of questions||150; 50 question in each section.|
|Total marks||600; 200 marks in each section|
|Marking scheme||Candidates will be allotted 4 marks for every correct answer. For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.|
|Duration||Physics: 1 ½ hourChemistry: 1 ½ hourMathematics: 1 ½ hour|
|Total no. of questions||400 questions in each section.|
|Total marks||1200 marks in each section.|
|Marking scheme||4 marks will be given for correct answer and for each wrong answer there will be a deduction of 1 mark.|
BCECE 2017 Sample Papers
The Sample Papers of BCECE 2017 is similar to the question paper of the examination. Practising of sample papers has its own perks. Students will get acquainted with the pattern of the question paper. Regular practice of sample papers will help students prepare more efficiently for the examination. They will be able to figure out their weak areas and work on it. It will also help students to know about their level of preparation. Hence, candidates must ensure to download BECE 2017 Sample papers and solve it to perform well in the examination.
BCECE 2017 Answer Key
The Answer key of BCECE 2017 will be released after the examination. Candidates must use the answer key to calculate their expected score. With the help of the answer key released by the examination board, candidates can cross check their answer and analyse their performance. Candidates must download BCECE 2017 Answer key once it is released by the concerned authority.
BCECE 2017 Result
- The Result of BCECE for the 1st stage of exam is expected to be announced in the last week of April.
- The result for the 2nd stage of exam will be announced tentatively in the 3rd week of June, 2017.
- Candidates can check their result online.
- The result of the 1st stage of the exam will display the category wise roll no. of the candidates qualifying for the 2nd stage of examination.
- The result of the 2nd stage will display the roll no. of the qualified candidates along with the date and time of interview.
BCECE 2017 Counselling
- The counselling of BCECE 2017 will be held from the 1st week of July 2017 to the 1st week of August 2017, tentatively.
- The Counselling will be held for the candidates who have qualified in the examination.
- Candidates will require registering and fill in their choices to participate in the counselling and seat allotment process.
- Candidates have to appear in the handwriting test. Only the candidates who qualify in this test will be able to download their allotment letter.
BCECE 2017 Seat Allotment
Candidates qualifying in the handwriting test will be able to participate in the seat allotment process. They will require downloading heir letter for allotment and report for verification of their documents at the institute allotted to them to complete the admission procedure. Candidates who cannot produce the required documents will not be allotted seats under any circumstances.
Official Website: www.bceceboard.com
I.A.S. Association Building
NEAR PATNA AIRPORT,
PATNA – 800014,
Contact no: 0612-2220230, 0612-2225387