Assam CEE 2017 – The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam, will conduct Assam CEE 2017 on June 04 in the offline mode for admission to various undergraduate engineering programmes at the affiliated colleges in the state of Assam. The Assam Combined Engineering Entrance (CEE) 2017 application form has been made available on April 20, 2017. The entire application process will be carried out in the online mode and the last date to apply for the examination is May 05, 2017. Upon successful registration, candidates will be issued admit card of Assam CEE from May 25 onwards. The Assam CEE 2017 exam will be conducted in 9 cities across the state of Assam for admission to around 1200 seats in 6 engineering institutes in Assam. The result of Assam CEE 2017 will be declared tentatively in the month of June. The candidates who will be shortlisted in the merit list will be called for Assam CEE counselling 2017. All the detailed information of the Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) 2017 regarding the important dates, application form, exam pattern, result, etc is provided in the article below.
Latest: Assam CEE Application form 2017 available now
Salient Features of the Assam CEE 2017 Exam
Exam Name: Assam Combined Entrance Exam (Assam CEE)
Conducted By: Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam
- There are about 1200 seats available through the Assam CEE 2017 exam.
- The CEE 2017 will be conducted as per the latest syllabus of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council/NCERT.
- Candidates applying for Engineering Degree Courses must appear in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only
- The Candidates must register online to fill up the Application Form for Assam CEE 2017
- All candidates must make sure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for qualifying in the exam.
- The candidates can download the Assam CEE 2017 Admit Card online.
- The result will also be announced online based on their marks scored in CEE 2017.
State Engineering Colleges of Assam:
|Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar||120|
|Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat||240|
|Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat||315|
|Assam Engineering College, Guwahati||420|
Private Engineering Colleges :
|Scholar’s Institute of Technology and Management, Garchuk, Guwahati|
|Assam Down Town University, Guwahati|
|Dibrugarh University Institute of Science & Technology Dibrugarh|
|Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology jalukbari, Guwahati|
|Don Bosco College Of Engineering & Technology, Airport Road, Guwahati|
|NITS, Mirza, Guwahati|
|Royal School of Engineering & Technology, Guwahati|
|Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology Azara Hatkhowpara Guwahati|
Candidates must make sure that they hold the following eligibility norms for the admission in any of the colleges of Assam:
- The candidate should be an Indian National and also a permanent resident of Assam.
- The Candidate must not be above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August 2017.
- The upper age limit mentioned above is relaxed to 22 years in case of B.Sc. passed Candidates.
- The upper age limit mentioned relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe.
- For admission into B.E. Courses the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject
- They must appear in all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together.
- They must pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST)
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination ( ASSAM CEE 2017) for admission
The Candidate must hold a good moral character.
Candidates can check the important dates of Assam CEE from the table given below:
|S.No.||Assam CEE 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Online Application Form will be available from||April 20, 2017|
|2.||Last date to submit the application form||May 05, 2017|
|3.||Admit card issue date||May 25, 2017|
|4.||Assam CEE 2017 will be held||June 04, 2017|
|5.||Result will be declared||3rd week of June 2017|
|6.||Counselling of Assam CEE||4th week of June 2017|
Candidates will have to fill in the application form online. There is no need to submit any documents while filling the application form. Candidates can check the brief steps to fill the application form below.
Step 1) Filling up of Assam CEE 2017 Application Form- Candidates have to enter their personal, academic and contact details. They will also require selecting the exam centre as per their preference. After entering the required details, applicants have to upload scanned images of their recent passport sized photograph and signature. The format of the scanned images is as given below:
|Details||File Size||Dimension||File Format|
|Photograph||100 KB (Max)||200×230 (Weight x height)||JPEG or JPG|
|Signature||100 KB (Max)||140×60 (Weight x height)||JPEG or JPG|
After filling up all the details and uploading the required images, candidates have to click on the ‘submit’ button to save Assam CEE application form 2017.
Step 2) Generating of Assam CEE application number– Once the application form is saved, the application number will be generated. Candidates must note down the number and keep it safely for future reference
Step 3)Payment of Assam CEE 2017 Application Fee– Applicants have to pay Rs. 600 in order to validate the application form. The application fee can be paid through electronic payment gateway or through challan mode at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Exam Cities of Assam CEE
The following are the exam centers of Assam CEE 2017
The Admit Card of Assam CEE 2017 will be available for download on May 25, 2017.Candidates have to sign in with their application number and date of birth to download the hall ticket. Only those candidates who will register successfully for the exam will be issued the admit card. The admit card will contain name of the candidate, the examination address, time and date, roll number and other important instructions to be followed by the candidates at the examination hall.
The syllabus for Assam CEE is decided and given by the authorities. Candidates must study the given topics in detail to prepare well for the exam. The syllabus is based on class XI and XII/ NCERT books. Candidates will have to study and prepare accordingly. The link to the Syllabus for Assam CEE 2017 will be available here for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and students can prepare accordingly for the exam.
The candidates applying for the engineering courses have to appear the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics paper. There will be 120 objective type questions. Candidates have to complete the paper within 3 hours. Four marks will be awarded for every correct response whereas for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted. The total number of questions and marks is given below
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Assam CEE 2017 Sample Papers must be solved by all the candidates who are planning to appear in the Assam Combined Entrance Exam 2017 for taking admission in B.Tech engineering UG program. It is considered to be the best groundwork method once a candidate has completed the syllabus as prescribed. Direct link to download the sample papers for practice would be hosted here for candidate’s convenience.
Benefits of using Assam CEE 2017 Sample Papers:
- It will help the candidates to understand the format aswell as the marking scheme of Assam CEE.
- It will help candidates to note down the important topics from the syllabus.
- It will improve time management skills of the candidates
- It will increase the speed and accuracy level and improving the candidates’ ability to solve questions.
- Candidates will be able to examine their performance, discover their weak points and work on it.
The official release of the Answer Key of Assam CEE 2017 will be shortly after the completion of the examination. Candidates can compare their answers with that of the answer key to get an idea about their performance in the main examination. The answer key will help the candidates to cross check their answers with of the ones given in the answer key. They can calculate their expected marks and evaluate their performance.
The result of Assam CEE will be announced tentatively in the 4th week of June 2017.
- The candidates can check their result from the link which will be provided as soon as it is activated
- Here in this page, we will also provide the updates regarding Assam CEE result.
- The evaluation of the OMR Answer Sheet submitted by candidates during the time of the exam and the processing of results shall be done with the help of a computer. No separate provision for the manual evaluation of the OMR Sheets will be made by the University.
Candidates shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination CEE 2017 to be conducted by DTE, Assam. Candidates can avail the merit list of Assam CEE 2017 by clicking the given link. On the basis of merit list of CEE 2017 candidates will be selected for Admission.
With the release of the result, a fixed cutoff will be set to screen the candidates during the admission process.
- The candidates scoring the marks more than or equal to the cutoff will be registered in the merit list.
- They will be called for counselling process.
- Candidates will be called for counselling as per their result in the Assam CEE exam.
- The candidate with highest marks will get rank 1 whereas the candidate with marks equal to the cutoff will be placed at the bottom of the list.
- There shall be different Cutoff marks for different categories.
For the Counselling process of Assam CEE 2017 to B.Tech courses candidates need to fill up an Admission Form (Form-B) and submit it during the counselling. Candidates have to pay counselling fee of Rs.500 during interview round.
Candidates must make sure they bring the following documents during the Counselling in original for verification along with self-attested photo copies with Form B for submission.
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) (to be issued by D.C./S.D.O.(Civil) of concerning District/Sub-Division)
- The Caste/Category Certificate as mentioned in the Information Booklet. (If Applicable)
Admit Card of the CEE- 2016
- 10th Admit/Pass Certificate for Age Proof issued by Board/Council
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Admit Card
- 12th Mark sheet
- Academic Gap Certificate (refer Sl. No. 20) (if applicable)
- Character Certificate from Head of the Institution last attended.
- 4 (four) copies of recent passport-size photograph.
Directorate of Technical Education: Assam