Assam CEE 2017 – The Combined Entrance Examination (CEE), 2017 for admission to B.Tech. Courses in the colleges of the State of Assam shall be conducted by the Dibrugarh University, tentatively in the 3rd week of May, 2017. The Candidates who aspire to take admission must qualify in Assam CEE 2017. The complete details concerning the Exam date, eligible criteria, exam pattern & syllabus, Application Form of Assam CEE 2017 are given below in this article.
Salient Features of the Assam CEE 2017 Exam:
Exam Name: Assam Combined Entrance Exam (Assam CEE)
Conducted By: Dibrugarh University
- There are about 1700 seats available through the Assam CEE 2017 exam.
- The CEE 2017 will be conducted as per the latest syllabus of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council/NCERT.
- Candidates applying for Engineering Degree Courses must appear in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only
- The Candidates must register online to fill up the Application Form for Assam CEE 2017
- All candidates must make sure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for qualifying in the exam.
- The candidates can download the Assam CEE 2017 Admit Card online.
- The result will also be announced online based on their marks scored in CEE 2017.
State Engineering Colleges of Assam:
|Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar||120|
|Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat||120|
|Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat||315|
|Assam Engineering College, Guwahati||420|
Private Engineering Colleges :
|Scholar’s Institute of Technology and Management,Garchuk, Guwahati|
|Assam Down Town University, Guwahati|
|Dibrugarh University Institute of Science & Technology Dibrugarh|
|Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology jalukbari, Guwahati|
|Don Bosco College Of Engineering & Technology, Airport Road, Guwahati|
|NITS, Mirza, Guwahati|
|Royal School of Engineering & Technology, Guwahati|
|Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology Azara Hatkhowpara Guwahati|
Candidates must make sure that they hold the following eligibility norms for the admission in any of the colleges of Assam:
- The candidate should be an Indian National and also a permanent resident of Assam.
- The Candidate must not be above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August 2017.
- The upper age limit mentioned above is relaxed to 22 years in case of B.Sc. passed Candidates.
- The upper age limit mentioned relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe.
- For admission into B.E. Courses the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject
- They must appear in all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together.
- They must pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST)
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination ( ASSAM CEE 2017) for admission
The Candidate must hold a good moral character.
|Online Application Form will be available from||third week of March 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||second week of April 2017|
|Last date of receipt of application fee at SBI||third week of April, 2017|
|Admit card issue date||first week of May, 2017|
|Examination will be held||third week of May, 2017|
|Result will be declared||second week of June, 2017|
|Counselling||second week of June, 2017|
Candidates will have to fill in the application form online. There is no need to submit any documents while filling the application form. Candidates can check the brief steps to fill the application form below.
Application Form Procedure:
- Register online with your valid Email Id and password
- Fill up all the required details mentioned in the Application Form
- Upload the scanned Photograph and Signature
|Details||File Format||File Size||Pixels|
|Photograph||JPEG or JPG format||35 KB(max) 20 KB(min)||Height-250&320 pixels Width-150& 220 pixels|
|Signature||30 KB(max) 15KB(min)||Height-100&180 pixels Width-150&220 pixels|
- The photograph of the candidate must show the name of the candidate as well as the date of the photograph taken on a placard held by the candidate in front of their chest.
- Application Fee and Payment of Fees- The amount of fee to be paid for B.Tech Engineering courses is Rs. 1240/-
The candidates must pay the fee amount along with a bank charge of Rs. 60/- in cash at any branch of SBI by using bank challan generated after completion of online submission of application form. The fee is non-refundable.
- Print the Application Form by entering Application Number and Password
Exam Cities of Assam CEE
The following are the exam centers of Assam CEE 2017:
The Admit Card will be available for download tentatively from the first week of March, 2017. Candidates must log in to access and download the same. Only candidates who have filled their application form successfully and paid the fees will be able to download the Admit Card. The Admit will contain exam date, exam time, and exam venue apart from some instructions.
- Candidates must log in by entering their application number and password.
- They can access their admit card and take the print out.
- It is advisable to check the details given on the admit card before printing it.
- The admit card will display the candidate’s information along with the Roll No and the exam
- schedule as well as the photograph and signature of the candidate.
The syllabus for Assam CEE is decided and given by the authorities. Candidates must study the given topics in detail to prepare well for the exam. The syllabus is based on class XI and XII/ NCERT books. Candidates will have to study and prepare accordingly. The link to the Syllabus for Assam CEE 2017 will be available here for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and students can prepare accordingly for the exam.
The candidates applying for the engineering courses have to appear the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics paper. There will be 100 objective type questions. The exam will be held online. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Assam CEE 2017 Sample Papers must be solved by all the candidates who are planning to appear in the Assam Combined Entrance Exam 2017 for taking admission in B.Tech engineering UG program. It is considered to be the best groundwork method once a candidate has completed the syllabus as prescribed. Direct link to download the sample papers for practice would be hosted here for candidate’s convenience.
Benefits of using Assam CEE 2017 Sample Papers:
- It will help the candidates to understand the format aswell as the marking scheme of Assam CEE.
- It will help candidates to note down the important topics from the syllabus.
- It will improve time management skills of the candidates
- It will increase the speed and accuracy level and improving the candidates’ ability to solve questions.
- Candidates will be able to examine their performance, discover their weak points and work on it.
The official release of the Answer Key of Assam CEE 2017 will be shortly after the completion of the examination. Candidates can compare their answers with that of the answer key to get an idea about their performance in the main examination. The answer key will help the candidates to cross check their answers with of the ones given in the answer key. They can calculate their expected marks and evaluate their performance.
Asssam CEE 2017 Result
The candidates are informed that Assam CEE Result will be announced on 2nd week of June, 2017.
- The candidates can check their result from the link given above.
- Here in this page we will also provide the updates regarding Assam CEE result.
- The evaluation of the OMR Answer Sheet submitted by candidates during the time of the exam and the processing of results shall be done with the help of a computer. No separate provision for the manual evaluation of the OMR Sheets will be made by the University.
Tie breaking solution
- If more than one candidate secures same marks in CEE 2017, then the merit will be determined by the total marks obtained in Physics Chemistry Mathematics in the qualifying exam.
- If there is a consequent tie, then the total mark obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in the qualifying examination will be considered.
- If there is still a tie, then the tie will be broken by the Chairman of Selection Committee.
Assam CEE 2017 Merit List
Candidates shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination CEE 2017 to be conducted by Dibrugarh University. Candidates can avail the merit list of Assam CEE 2017 by clicking the given link. On the basis of merit list of CEE 2017 candidates will be selected for Admission.
With the release of the result, a fixed cutoff will be set to screen the candidates during the admission process.
- The candidates scoring the marks more than or equal to the cutoff will be registered in the merit list.
- They will be called for counselling process.
- Candidates will be called for counselling as per their result in the Assam CEE exam.
- The candidate with highest marks will get rank 1 whereas the candidate with marks equal to the cutoff will be placed at the bottom of the list.
- There shall be different Cutoff marks for different categories.
Assam CEE 2017 Counselling
For the Counselling process of Assam CEE 2017 to B.Tech courses candidates need to fill up an Admission Form (Form-B) and submit it during the counselling. Candidates have to pay counselling fee of Rs.500 during interview round.
Candidates must make sure they bring the following documents during the Counselling in original for verification along with self-attested photo copies with Form B for submission.
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) (to be issued by D.C./S.D.O.(Civil) of concerning District/Sub-Division)
- The Caste/Category Certificate as mentioned in the Information Booklet. (If Applicable)
Admit Card of the CEE- 2016
- 10th Admit/Pass Certificate for Age Proof issued by Board/Council
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Admit Card
- 12th Mark sheet
- Academic Gap Certificate (refer Sl. No. 20) (if applicable)
- Character Certificate from Head of the Institution last attended.
- 4 (four) copies of recent passport-size photograph.
Tel No.: +91 0373-2370239
Fax: +91 0373-2370323
Tel No.: +91 0373-2370231
Fax: +91 0373-2370768