AIEEE 2012 is an entrance examination for admission in engineering/architecture bachelor courses throughout most of the engineering/architecture institutes across the country. Admission in all the National Institute of Technology (NITs) as well as most of the state level institutes and private institutes happens through it.Therefore AIEEE 2012 is the most popular Engineering Entrance examination for BE/B.tech aspiring students across the country.
It is considered to be highly competitive exam for those aspiring to get admission in NITs or other top colleges. Therefore students start preparing for it much before the actual entrance examination. AIEEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) therefore the syllabus of AIEEE 2012 is from CBSE class 11th and 12th syllabus.
Dates of AIEEE 2012 Exam:
- Online only between 07th May 2012 to 26th May 2012.
- Offline only between 29th April 2012 from (1st Paper 29.04.2012, 09:30 to 12:30) (2nd Paper 29.04.2012, 14:00 to 17:00).
- Application can be submitted Online during 15th November 2011 to 31st December 2011.
Important Notes should be kept in mind while filling AIEEE 2012 Form:
1) Candidates should apply for AIEEE 2012 ‘Online’ only both for Offline Examination (Paper/Pen Test) as well as Online Examination (Computer Based Test).
• Candidates must follow instructions strictly as given on the AIEEE website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
• After successful filling of online form a confirmation page will be generated for each and every candidate bearing his/her entire information as filled by him/her and a unique registration no. which candidate can use in future correspondence. This confirmation page will work as application form for the candidate.
• Candidates must keep a photocopy of the confirmation page for use wherever and whenever required.
• Please ensure before mailing the AIEEE 2012 application that:-
- The candidate has signed the Confirmation Page at one specified place;
- The confirmation page bears signature of the Father/Guardian
- The candidate has put left hand thumb impression at the specified place failing which candidature will not be accepted and will be summarily rejected.
- Recent passport size two photographs taken on or after 1st October, 2011, one pasted in the space marked for it and one duly attested by the Principal/Head of institution where the candidate is studying in class XII/Passed XII or by Gazetted officer.
- Candidate appearing for both the courses of B.E/B. Tech and B. Arch/B. Planning together and candidates opted centre in foreign country, have to pay fee as per clause 9.2 of this booklet.
- The application (Confirmation page) is dispatched by Registered/Speed Post only;
- The Confirmation Page sent by courier shall not be accepted and rather rejected.
- The Confirmation Page sent/dispatched through the coaching centre will not be accepted and liable for rejection.
- The use of address of any coaching centre/coaching institution is strictly prohibited, if any body use the address of any coaching centre/institution his/her Confirmation Page will be rejected.
2.) FOR ON-LINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION AT AIEEE WEBSITE www.aieee.nic.in
Online submission of application may be made by accessing the AIEEE 2012 website www.aieee.nic.in. The candidate should supply all details while filling up the Online Form. Candidates are required to take a print of the Online Application after successful submission of data. The print out of the computer generated Confirmation page, complete in all respect should be sent to the Joint Secretary(AIEEE), Central Board of Secondary Education, P.S.1-2, Institutional Area, Patparganj, I.P. Extn., Delhi-110092 by Speed Post/Registered Post only. Candidates should pay the fee as mentioned in para 9.2.
The fee could be remitted in the following ways:
a. By credit/debit card, or
b. Through Demand Draft which should be drawn in favour of the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi drawn in any Nationalized Bank payable at Delhi. Write your name, address, registration number (as given on confirmation page) and paper opted on the back of the Demand Draft.
Candidates submitting application online are required :
- To retain photocopy of computer generated confirmation page with Registration No. - The candidate can get his/her confirmation page after confirmation of fee by bank or CBSE for that the candidate can check the status of receipt of fee by entering Regn. No. Name & date of birth.
More information and instructions for filling-in the Online AIEEE 2012 Application Form would be made available on the www.aieee.nic.in from 15.11.2011 to 31.12.2011.
Candidates must ensure that the Confirmation Page along with original Demand Draft should reach to the Board on or before the last date i.e. 05.01.2012. Even after the successful submission of Online Application within due date, if the Confirmation Page does not reach the Board on or before the last date or reaches without the requisite fee, the Confirmation Page of the candidate will be treated as cancelled. The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the Online Form. On submission of detail, a confirmation page with Registration Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take print out of confirmation page and paste photograph, put left hand thumb impression, sign in the space earmarked for the purpose and write down the residential address with PIN code.
3. Information regarding receipt of AIEEE 2012 applications in the AIEEE Unit of the CBSE will be put on the website www.aieee.nic.in. The candidates can check the receipt of their Application Number on the website (after 30 days of last date for receipt of Confirmation Page in CBSE office i.e. 05.01.2012). Candidates whose particulars do not appear on the website from 01.02.2012 onwards may write to the Joint Secretary, AIEEE Unit, and forward a photocopy of the Confirmation Page, proof of payment of fees, the Demand Draft or any other mode of payment and two passport size photographs (as pasted on the Confirmation Page) up to 28.02.2012.
4. In case the Admit Card is not received by 6th April, 2012 the candidates should write/contact the CBSE between 7th April, 2012 to 21st April, 2012 giving details of the Post Office, date of dispatch, original receipt of postal dispatch, Photostat copy of the Confirmation Page, two photographs (as pasted on the Confirmation Page one is duly attested as mentioned in para 2 above), and proof regarding remittance of fee.
5. Candidate must preserve the Admit Card till the admission process is over. Request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained after the examination in any case.
6. Candidate applying B.E./B.Tech only or B.Arch/B. Planning only or B.E. Tech and B.Arch/B.Planning together are required to pay the fees as per clause 9.2 of Information Bulletin.
Address for sending complete Confirmation Page and clarification, if any :-
The Joint Secretary (AIEEE Unit),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS 1-2 Institutional Area
IP Extension, Patparganj, Delhi-110092.
Courses Under AIEEE 2012
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY COURSES
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Applied Electronic and Instrumentation
- Automation and Robotics
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Technology
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Leather Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Materials Science & Technology
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Oil & Paint Technology
- Polymer Science and Rubber Technology
- Printing Technology
- Production Engineering
- Pulp & Paper Technology
- Sugar Technology
- Textile Engineering & Technology
- Transportation Engineering
B.ARCHITECTURE & TOWN PLANNING
- Building Construction Technology
- Interior Design
AIEEE 2012 Preparation Resources:
- AIEEE 2012 Pattern Based Free Practice Paper
- AIEEE Previous year Paper with Solutions
- PCM Study Doubts
- AIEEE Syllabus
- AIEEE Question Papers
Colleges under Exam:
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology,Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology (MNNIT)
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology,Jaipur
- National Institute of Technology,Jalandhar
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur
- National Institute of Technology, Patna
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology,Surat
- National Institute of Technology,Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology,Tiruchirapalli
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
- National Institute of Technology, Nagaland
- National Institute of Technology , Puducherry
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
- Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Information Technology, IIIT Allahabad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad
- Atal Behari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management Gwalior
- Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram, IITM Campus, Chennai
- Mizoram University, Tanhril, Vaivakawn
- Assam University, P.O. Assam University Durgakona, Silchar
- Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Chauri Road, Sant Ravidas Nagar, Bhadohi
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, University of Allahabad
- National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology
- Tezpur University, Naapam, Tezpur
- Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur
- School of Planning and Architecture, Sprots complex, MANIT, Bhopal
- School of Planning and Architecture, 4, Block-B, Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi
- School of Planning and Architecture, Vijaywada, Camp Office:- Acharya Nagarjuna University Campus
- Other Central Government / State Government Funded Institutes
Self Financed /Deemed Universities/Universities/Other Institutions
- Birla Institute of Technology (Ranchi)
- Birla Institute of Technology (Patna Centre)
- Birla Institute of Technology (Deogarh Center)
- Lovely Professional University. Lovely Campus, Jalandahar- Delhi
- Sir Padampat Singhania University Campus : Bhatewar Udaipur
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Sub Post Office
- IAMR, College of Engineering, 12th Km.stone, Meerut
- Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University
- Mewar University Gangar, Chittogarh
- Jodhpur National University Narnadi,
- Bhagwant University Sikar road, Ajmer
- Shobhit University University Campus
- Sharda University
- Mahatma Jyotirao Phoole University
- Jagannath University