AEEE 2017 Exam Pattern – The exam pattern of AEEE 2017 includes format of question booklet. The candidates appearing for AEEE must be aware of AEEE exam pattern 2017 to prepare will for examination. AEEE exam pattern provides all the information about entrance examination, types of questions, conducting authority, marking scheme, subject-wise distribution of questions etc. Following the AEEE 2017 exam pattern, candidates can calculate marks by examining number of correct and incorrect answers. Candidates can also prepare a strategy to attempt each section during examination. Under AEEE exam pattern 2017, 03 marks will be awarded for correct answer and deduction of 01 mark for each incorrect answer. Check complete details about AEEE 2017 exam pattern from the article below.
AEEE 2017 Exam Pattern
For more clarification, candidates can check the details mentioned in the table below.
|1.||Exam mode||Two modes – computer based mode and pen and paper mode|
|3.||Duration||02 hours 30 minutes|
|4.||Section||Three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|6.||Marking scheme||03 marks for correct answer and 01 marks for incorrect answer|
For more details about AEEE 2017 exam pattern, candidates can check the key points mentioned below.
Mode of exam – Amrita B.Tech 2017 entrance examination will be held as both Computer Based Test (online mode) and Pen and Paper Test (offline mode).
- The candidates will be required to choose the mode of examination while filling the application form.
- Each candidate can opt for only one medium. Those who will try to select both the modes for writing the examination shall find their application rejected.
Language of AEEE – As per the AEEE Exam Pattern, the question paper will only be available in the English language.
- There is no other option for the language.
Duration of the exam – The candidates will have only 2 hours 30 minutes to solve the entire question paper.
- CBT will be held in a window of three-four days and in various slots.
- Offline examination will only be held in a single day.
Section in the exam – The AEEE 2017 will be divided into three sections of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- It is mandatory to attempt all the sections.
Questions in the examination – There will be 100 questions in total.
- The Physics and Chemistry section will carry 30 questions, whereas, in Mathematics section the candidates need to solve 40 questions.
- All the questions will be of objective type (Multiple Choice) and will have four answer options, out of which, only one will be correct.
- It is mandatory to attempt all the questions, in each section.
Marking Criteria – For each correct answer 3 marks will be granted and the negative marking of 1 mark will be done for the each incorrect response.
To explain the distribution of question and marks in each subject better, have a look at the table below.
|Section||No of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
Table has been prepared to assist the candidates in choosing the most suitable mode for themselves.
|Computer Based Test||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Merits of the modes|
|It will be held in a window of multiple days and slots. Hence, giving candidates a chance to choose the exam day and time.||Candidates are already familiar with pen and paper mode and do not find it difficult.|
|The exam centres for CBT are more in comparison to P&P. Last year there were 67 AEEE Exam Centers for CBT, whereas, for P&P there were only 36 centres.||The offline examination will be held a little late, after the conclusion of the online examination. The candidates opting for P&P will have more time to prepare for the exam.|
|Demerits of the modes|
|More and more candidates are opting for the online exam. Hence, there is a possibility that the most preferred centre will not be allocated.||Will only be held on a particular day and slot, which may collide with other exam dates as well.|
|The number of online test takers is increasing every year and the slot booking is done on the first-cum-first basis. Due to this, the candidate might miss the desired slot.||Fewer exam centres option will limit the choices of the candidates.|
Which mode is better?
Both the CBT and P&P mode of examination has pros and cons but the candidates should opt for the online AEEE 2017 if they are comfortable with the basics of computer. Else, handling the system on the exam day will become a task which will lower the speed of the candidates.
On the other hand, the offline AEEE 2017 should be chosen when candidates are sure that they do not have any other appointments on the same day.
More information about CBT and P&P mode is given below:
Computer Base Mode
- The AEEE 2017 exam pattern will remain the same and only 100 question will be displayed.
- Candidates will receive different sets of questions.
- The University will ensure that the difficulty level in the all the sets is the same.
- Candidates will mark answers with the help of the mouse.
Pen and Paper Based Mode
- Four question booklets will be prepared for the offline examination. These will be distinguished via a paper code, which will be an Alphabet.
- The difficulty level in all the booklets will be the same.
- To mark the answers an Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet will be provided to the candidates.
- In the OMR sheet, the candidates will have to circle the answer option with the help of the black ball point pen or HB pencil.
- The candidates must not do any rough work on the OMR sheet. For the rough work, a sheet will be provided to them.
- It should also be noted that the OMR sheet should not be pin/stapled/punched/soiled/mutilate/etc.
How to navigate through different sections/questions in AEEE 2017
Check details to know the procedure to navigate through questions and other related information.
- Candidates can directly move to any question by clicking on the particular question number, given at the bottom of screen
- All the answered question will be marked ‘Green’ in colour, while unanswered question will remain ‘Blue’
- In case of any doubts related to the question, candidates can mark a question for review with an arrow mark provided below the question number. This particular question can be unmarked once a candidate comes back to same question
- If a candidate wants to change the answer of any question, he/she can select a question and click on the appropriate answer
- Candidates must ensure that they click on ‘Submit’ button after the completion of exam. One cannot go back to the test after submitting
AEEE 2017 Exam Guidelines
AEEE computer-based test (CBT) is to be held from April 20 to 23, 2017. The candidates must be aware of important instructions on the day of exam mentioned below to avoid any confusions.
Reporting at Exam Centre: Candidates are required to report at AEEE exam centre 45 minutes before the examination. The entry will not be allowed 30 minutes after the commencement of exam
What to carry at AEEE exam centre: Candidates will be allowed to carry a pen or pencil to the exam centre. No other belongings such as mobiles, cellular phones, pagers, palm tops, blue tooth device or any other electronic device, which can help in cheating or unauthorised communication will not be allowed
Verification of Documents: AEEE 2017 admit card and original photo identity card must be furnished by candidates for verification at registration desk. The photograph and fingerprints will also be captured
Number of sheets: For working purpose, three sheets will be provided for rough work and no additional material will be given. These sheets must be returned after completion of exam to the invigilator
Code of Conduct: During the examination, candidates must follow all the rules and regulations defined by the examination authority. If any candidate is witnessed to be involved in any of the following activity, the administrator has the authority to dismiss him/her from test.
- Creating disturbance
- Attempting to take the test on behalf of someone else
- Talking to another candidate
- Attempt to tamper with computer – either hardware or software
- Or, if found with calculators, slide rules, pagers, cell phones, concealed microphones, wireless devices, or any other devices helps in calculation
For any further queries, comment below.