About Exam (UPES 2011):
UPES 2011 is India's First Energy University and Asia's First and only Energy & Core Sector University. UGC and NAAC recognised, UPES 2011 offers over 42 graduate and postgraduate programs to approximately 4200 students in the high growth sectors of Oil & Gas, Power, Aviation, Shipping, Automobile, Infrastructure and Logistics & Supply Chain. The Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), UPES 2011 also offers part time Doctoral and Executive Programs. A statutory university, UPES 2011 was established in 2003 through an act of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand with a picturesque, 27-acre mother campus in Pondha valley, Dehradun .
UPES 2011 is a non profit organisation dedicated to promoting education. Set up with an aim of catering to the demand for domain specific and Industry ready Management & Engineering Professionals, UPES 2011 is commited to provide training, research, consultancy or outreach services in Energy & allied areas. Since its inception, UPES 2011 has become the "Institution of Choice" for students and corporates in the Energy and Core sectors.
Reservation of seats :
- Open for all states ( Based on UPES EAT 2011 score(UPES Entrance Exam 2011) / AIEEE 2011 score / Board Merit score )
- 80% seats filled through UPES EAT 2011 score
- 20% seats filled through AIEEE 2011 score / Board Merit score
- Board Merit score :- Eligibility in PCM (80% in 10th,12th)
Date of Examination : 21st MAY 2011
Last date for submitting application forms : 29 APRIL 2011
Courses Offered by UPES 2011
- B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering with specialization in Avionics Engineering
- B.Tech. Applied Chemical Engineering with specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals
- B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering with specialization in Gas
- B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering with specialization in Upstream
- B.Tech. Automotive Design Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Geo Science Engineering
- B.Tech. Geo-Informatics Engineering
- B.Tech. Infrastructure Engineering
- B.Tech. Mechatronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Power System Engineering
- B.Tech Fire Safety Engineering
- B.Tech Material Science Engineering with specialization in Nano Technology
Fee Structure for UPES 2011 B.Tech Programmes
|Semester||Tuition Fee||Academic Services Fees||Total Fee|
|ABOVE FEE IS APPLICABLE TO ALL BTECH STREAMS|
There are 2 ways to take admission in UPES for B.Tech.
- UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT 2011) followed by Centralised Counseling.
- Board Merit/AIEEE Merit through Merit Ranking.
- Minimum 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level also mandatory
- Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level also mandatory
- AIEEE 2011 - upto 1 Lakh All India Rank
- *Upto 20% seats shall be filled through Board Merit / AIEEE 2011 Merit category. Incase candidates for such seats are not available, UPES has the right to fill these through any other means.
- University also reserves the right to conduct further physical (paper pencil test) / online test for admission through UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT 2011)
- Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
- Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level.
- Age Criteria: Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1989 are eligible to apply for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/ University certificate only will be taken as authentic.
100% Scholarship on Tuition Fee (2011 - 12)
- Scholarship will be to students securing an aggregate of 85% marks in class 12th & 90% marks in PCM for B.Tech (all streams) in CBSE of ICSE Examination Board. Such scholarship will be limited to 5% seats in each B.Tech. Program.
- Scholarship will be given on the basis of Merit only.
- Continuation of Scholarship in the subsequent year will be as per the University policy.
UPES under College
- College of Engineering Studies (CoES)
The College of Engineering Studies (CoES) at UPES offers B.Tech programs across multiple fields like conventional & non-conventional energy inducting LPG, CNG, LNG, Nuclear Energy etc., Energy systems, Refining & Petrochemicals, Pipelines, Geo-sciences, Aerospace, Automotive Design, Mechatronics, IT and Infrastructure etc.
Bidholi Campus Office Energy Acres,
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar
Tel : 0135-2102690/91, 0135-2694257/58,
Fax : 0135-2694204
New Delhi (Corporate Office)
PHDCCI, 3rd Floor, PHD House, 4/2 Siri Institutional Area,
August Kranti Marg,
New Delhi -110016
Tel : 011-41730151/152/153, 011-46022691/92-95
Fax : 011-41730154
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts