The PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh was orginally established as Mugalpura Engineering College at Lahore (now in Pakistan) on November 9, 1921. The name of the college was later changed to Maclagan Engineering College and its started functioning under the name on March 19, 1924. In the year 1931, the college got affiliated to Punjab University, Lahore. After partition in 1947, the college was shifted to Roorkee (India) and was renamed as East Punjab College of Engineering. In the year 1950 the word East was dropped and it came to know by its present name - Punjab Engineering College. Towards the end of December 1953, the college shifted to its present campus in Chandigarh to function under Govt. of Punjab. In 1966, with the formation of Union Territory of Chandigarh, the college same under control of Govt. of India through Chandigarh Administration. In October 2003, the Govt. of India notified the Punjab Engineering College as a Deemed to be University and thereafter it became known as Punjab Engineering College ( Deemed University). In 2009, the Board of Governors renamed the institution as PEC University of Technology. In 1994 this institution was adjudged the best technical college in India by the National Foundation of Engineers. It occupies an area of 146 acres.
Up to 1962, the college comprised of engineering departments of Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. Thereafter the college expanded & five newdepartments in the fields of Aeronautical Engineering, Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Production Engineering and Computer Science Engineering were added gradually. Recently a new department of Information & Technology has been added. In the year 1957, Highway Engineering was added as the first post-graduate course in the college. Gradually other post-graduate courses were subsequently added. Presently there are eleven post-graduate courses leading to Masters of Engineering degree in Highways, Structures, Hydraulics and Irrigation, Rotodynamic Machines, Electrical Power Systems, Environmental Engineering (Interdisciplinary), Electronics Metallurgical Engineering and C.I.M. Facilities for post-graduate studies exist for regular as well as for part time students .The college has facilities for research work leading to the award of Ph.D. degree in engineering in certain selected fields of different disciplines. The college also offers consultancy services in different disciplines.
PEC University of Technology has been conferred the Deemed University status in 2004, before this the college was affiliated to the Panjab University, Chandigarh. The PEC University of Technology offers a wide range of academic programmes at the undergraduate, the postgraduate and the research levels.
Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh (Deemed University), is a premier institution in Northern India. Annually, about 385 students are admitted in its undergraduate programmes. Admissions are made once a year in the month of July based on ranks of candidates in AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination), conducted by CBSE. The admission to a particular branch of study is decided by the Joint Admission Committee. The normal duration of B.E. programme is 8 semesters.
Reservation of seats :
- For Chandigarh students : 50% seats reserved ( Based on AIEEE 2011 score )
- For Other States students : 50% seats reserved ( Based on AIEEE 2011 score )
No. Of Seats
Electronics & Electrical Communication
Information Technology Engineering
- Admissions to the B.E. programmes are made once a year in July based on rank in AIEEE, conducted on an All India level by CBSE.
- The minimum academic qualification for admission is a pass in the final examination of 10+2 system or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and one out of Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology and Engineering Drawing. The detailed procedure and other requirements for admission are specified in the Admission Brochure brought out every year.
- 50% of the seats are reserved for candidates who pass their qualifying examination as regular students of schools located in Chandigarh and recognized by the Chandigarh Administration
- Admission to any undergraduate programme requires that the applicant
- be eligible,
- go through the laid-down admission procedure, and
- pay the prescribed fees.
- All admissions to the B.E. programmes should be formally approved by the SUGC or its sub-committee formed for the purpose.
PEC University of Technology
For general enquiry- 2753064
Admissions Related Enquiry- 2753277
Discuss Your Doubts