About Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering:
Electronics Engineering is one of the largest and most sophisticated branches of engineering. It has made us available the equipments like Television, Radio, computers, telephones etc. Electronics has a major role in improving productivity in industries like oil, energy, agriculture and so many other important sectors of economy.
An electronics engineer works in groups to design, fabricate, produce, test and supervise the manufacturing of complex products and systems i.e. electronic equipment and components.
He works for a number of industries including hospitals, computer industries, electronic data processing systems for communication and in defense etc. They work with microprocessors, fiber optics, telecommunication, television, radios etc. Electronics engineering is a rapidly growing sector where there is excellent job opportunity for the skilled professionals.
4 years BE/ B.Tech
Will The Course Suit Me?
- If you have a genuine interest and fascination towards technology, you are already half-way through. Some of the traits that can help you become a communications engineer are:
- Good affinity towards technology and electronics.
- A genuine ability and liking to program
- Hard working
- If you are innovative and come up with unique solution for even a simple problem.
- If you have a strong will power and a “never say die” attitude to meet deadlines.
- Need to be a constant learner as this field is ever evolving.
What Does an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer do?
- Electronics and Communication Engineering branch deals with analog transmission, digital transmission, reception of video, voice and data, basic electronics, solid state devices, microprocessors, digital and analog communication, analog integrated circuits, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression.
- It also deals with the manufacturing of electronic devices, circuits, and communications equipment like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits, microwaves, and fiber among others.
- It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
As an Electronics and Telecommunication engineer, various opportunities are there.
- An electronics engineer can get a job in Central Government, State Governments and their sponsored corporations in public enterprises and the private organizations like All India Radio, Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, National Physical Laboratories, AIR, Civil Aviation Department; Post and Telegraph Department; Co-ordination Department, National Physical Laboratory, Bharat Electronics Limited, Development Centers in various States etc. Dealing in manufacture, sales and services of electronics consumer goods and appliances.
- Electronics engineers are also absorbed into the entertainment transmission industry, research establishments, and defense. They can also take up teaching and research in one of the many engineering colleges in India or abroad.
- They can also be employed by private companies manufacturing radio equipment and electronics such as Sony, Samsung etc.
- In Ministry of Communication, All India Radio, DD.
- In information and broadcasting sectors, railways, police, BSF, CRPF and defense related organizations.
- In research organization like ISRO.
- Take up teaching as professor of communications in educational institutes
Today, technology is growing at a rapid pace. In the coming future there is bound to be huge demand for competent engineers in electronic industry to cope this demand in technology. These engineers would be involved in creating and sustaining cutting edge technology to stay ahead in competition.
An electronic engineer can find job in Consumer electronics manufacturing organization, Telecommunication industry, IT industries, Health care equipment manufacturing industry, Mobile communication, Internet technologies, Power Electronics, and Other industries like steel, petroleum and chemical industry, directing control and testing production process.
Electrical technicians and technologists can specialize in technical sales, product representation, systems management, the design and manufacture of electronic devices and systems, or the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and equipment.They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing sectors.
Discuss Your Doubts